Friday, January 21, 2011

Writerly Biography

My name is Clarence Sanford, but I prefer to be called Jr. I’m in the second semester of my freshman year of college at MWSU. I’m a Non-Traditional student, who is able to pursue a degree in a field that I feel is going to be rewarding and satisfying, which is very important to me. I come from the Liberty area, where I grew up and I currently reside. After losing what I thought was going to be my career job, in March of 2010; my wife and I felt it was important for me to return to school and get my education, in a field that I have interest in. I also come from a family that has obesity issues and that’s another reason why I’m choosing to pursue a degree in Health and Exercise Science. I want to be able to teach and help my family on how to deal with this deadly disorder and find a way to conquer it.
My reading and writing experiences were null and void until last semester, when I started my college career. During that semester I took English 100, where I was encouraged to explore my reading and writing skills. By the end of the semester, I discovered my passion for writing and I developed an interest in reading. From the lessons I learned last semester, I decided to continue blogging for personal reasons about my Lifelong Battle with Obesity. Which I plan to use the material for a book I plan to write some day.
As far as myself as a reader and writer, that my classmates and you need to know is; I’m always true or honest with what I write. I feel that I’m a pretty average reader. However, I’m not afraid to speak my mind or voice my opinions. I do respect those that have different views than I what I have. I would say my one weakness is reading; it seems that I can find something that needs to be done around the house, before sitting down with a book.
I’m excited about this semester, after last semester. I hope my writing skills improve because that will only make my process of writing my book that much easier. Some of the topics this semester are interesting, and I’m looking forward to it.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Junior,

    Welcome back! I'm excited to have you in class once again.

    I'm very excited to read your book about your lifelong battle with obesity. Beginning a blog is a great step to this goal. I wish you nothing but the very best.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete